Image Map

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PiDGiN

PiDGiN specializes in sharing plates and creative cocktails, so it was decided to be perfect for an after-work get together with friends. We had our eyes set on plenty of the dishes, so lets just dive straight into the photos!

First, a cocktail. I got the You can play with my yo-yo (hehehehe):
This was super good and I could barely taste the alcohol in it. Totally drank this on an empty stomach.

Oyster shot ($4):
A little too heavy of a horseradish taste for me, not really my thing.

Potato "mentaiko udon" ($12):
You're supposed to mix this when you receive it so you can get all that mentaiko and buttery goodness stirred in there. It wasn't bad, but it was a little underwhelming.

Fried chicken wings ($12):
These were good. We actually got these because the table next to us had ordered the chicken wings and the smell was wafting over and making us drool. Super crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

Pork belly rice bowl ($18):
This was very tasty as well but not especially outstanding from a pork belly rice bowl you can get at any Korean restaurant.

Beef strip sirloin:
The beef was cooked very well and broccolini is always a good idea.

And now for a few things I didn't manage to get any non-blurry pictures of. Daily pickles ($5): This came with a small bowl of pickled mushrooms, zucchini, and carrots. The mushrooms were very flavourful but I didn't care much for the zucchini or carrots.

Taramasalata ($14): This only came with three small pieces of mantou along with the egg yolk, nori paste, and mentaiko. Pretty boring and you could probably get a better version of this at a Chinese restaurant.

Bone marrow and beef tataki: Beef tataki was decent, but I decided that I am not a fan of bone marrow.

Cultivated mushrooms ($14): Okay, I don't know what happened here but the mushrooms were salty, like really salty. The ramen egg that this dish came with was good though.

Our waitress here was friendly and attentive, and overall, I left PiDGiN fairly content and glad that I had tried it, but did not find anything that was outstanding. I would still say to give this place a shot however, especially if you're with a group of friends and want to try a bunch of different things!

PiDGiN Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment