Image Map

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Adorabelle Tea Room

Adorabelle is a quaint little place in Steveston that looks just like a house. I had been wanting to come here for some time as I find that afternoon tea is either a huge hit or a huge miss - and I'm looking for a huge hit!

As you enter, you'll notice that the decor is...well...adorab(e)l(l)e (haha), and the tables look spotless with cute cups like this:


The adult afternoon tea service is $27 which is definitely on the cheaper side of the afternoon tea services that I've seen. Here's a look at the whole set:

Savouries at the bottom:
Smoked salmon dill cream pinwheel, egg salad pinwheel, chicken waldorf finger sandwich, bacon chive cupcake with savoury cream cheese icing, asiago fennel biscuit

The savouries were all very good, I especially liked the smoked salmon pinwheel and the chicken waldorf.

Scones in the middle:
Orange glazed, cranberry

I have nothing to say about the scones because I don't like scones! This is not to say that they weren't made well - I just dislike scones.

Sweets at the top:
Strawberry piped with butter cream, earl grey tea shortbread, passionfruit gelee, chocolate cupcake

The sweets were very good as well, especially the strawberry and the gelee. To be honest, by this point I was really full so it got hard for me to keep enjoying the treats! The desserts with the afternoon tea change from day to day as well, so keep in mind that you may not get exactly what I got.

Of course, the set came with a pot of tea as well, and I got the Paris, which is a black tea, and it was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend it if you like stronger teas.

The experience at Adorabelle was awesome, and the waitresses were very polite, attentive, and knowledgeable about their menu and teas. If you want to come here, make sure to make a reservation and keep in mind that seatings are for an hour and fifteen minutes only.

Adorabelle Tea Room on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment